VACANCY: Program Officer,Zimbabwe
FHI360, through the Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) Project will increase the availability and quality of care and treatment services for People Living with HIV (PLWHIV) primarily through community based interventions that complement the public sector as part of the multi-sectorial response led by the Government of Zimbabwe.
Through the DREAMS project The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program in Zimbabwe is focused on reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) by 40% by September 2021.
Duties and responsibilities:
1.Provide administrative support to COP and DCOP focusing on organizing and maintaining calendars, ensuring prompt and orderly communications, setting up meetings and assisting the COP and DCOP to prepare to participate or officiate at these meetings and leadership attention to critical issues
3.Maintain close communication with all parts of the project to appropriately advise the COP and DCOP of important issues within the project.
4.Monitor and advise the COP and DCOP of issues of compliance with USAID contract and FHI360 policies and procedures.
5.Provide other administrative and support as needed to COP and DCOP.
6.Make travel arrangement for the COP and DCOP, including requisition generation.
7.Provide administrative support to the Chief of Party and Directors as necessary
8.Performs any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience in supporting senior management
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs.
- Knowledge of USAID, donor organizations, and management of NGOs.
4.Experience in undertaking high-level policy dialogue with different stakeholders.
5.Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues related to health care.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
7.Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English and Shona
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high quality work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
- Ability to travel to implementation districts a minimum of 10%.
Qualifications and requirements:
1.Bachelor’s degree in social science/administration/Health sciences from a recognized university .
2.A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience is required. Experience in office administration is an added advantage.
3.Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with Zimbabwe health systems, international NGOs preferred .
4.Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.