Team Leader- Economist with Project Management Expertise - Technical Assistance Zimbabwe Economic Partnership Support Project (TA ZEPA), Harare
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Zimbabwe/Harare, we are looking for a
Team Leader- Economist with project management expertise (m/f) - Technical Assistance Zimbabwe Economic Partnership Support Project (TA ZEPA)
Field of activity
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is preparing a tender for the EU funded project "Technical Assistance Zimbabwe Economic Partnership Support Project (TA ZEPA)".
The overall objective is to enhance Zimbabwe's integration into the regional and international trading system.
The purpose are as follows:
Purpose 1: Contribute to the Specific Objectives and Results of the Zimbabwe Economic Partnership Support.
Purpose 2: Coordinate, monitor and strengthen the implementation of the Zimbabwe Economic Partnership Support Projec.
The team leader (m/f) should be knowledgeable and experienced in managing all aspects of a project from inception to closure. The Team Leader's role is crucial in bringing together and focusing the efforts of everyone involved in the project, including multiple stakeholders drawn from throughout government ministries and the private sector including the technical assistance team. He/she will be responsible for:
- Achievement of the project's objectives, expected results and all project deliverables.
- Giving high-level policy and regulatory reform advice.
- Efficient coordination of project activities reviewing proposals and making recommendations, working with the ministries and agencies during formulation of activities and implementation of approved activities.
- Visibility and communication around the project the Guidance of Ministry of Industry and Commerce and the EU Delegation.
- Administrative management of the TA team's office.
- Reporting on progress in the project's implementation including financial aspects.
- Recruiting and supervising non key experts.
Qualifications and skills
- A University Degree at master's level in the field of economics, Business Administration, Development Studies, International Law, Business Studies or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability in providing high level policy advice to government’s on economic reform, industrial and trade policy.
- Demonstrated high-level knowledge and experience of international trade issues and institutions, international trade policy, trade facilitation and export promotion.
- Ability to lead a team of diverse, multi-cultural professionals in a harmonious and productive manner.
General professional experience
- Preferably 10 years of professional experience in international development cooperation; trade development policy, international trade advisory services, trade facilitation and export promotion, 5 years of experience being the minimum.
- At least 5 years proven experiences in a Team Leader/Project manager position in a technical assistance project/programme in a developing country context.
- Experience in sub Saharan Africa is an added advantag.
Specific professional experience
- Proven knowledge of donor-funded project management procedures and financial regulations, preferably through management and participation in EU-funded technical assistance projects.
- Experience in working in a complex structure of government ministries and agencies, and private sector organisations and dealing at a senior level with governmental or private sector institution is an asset.
- Experience in the management of EU public procurement procedures will be an added advantage.
- Experience with organizing and delivery of trainings, seminars and workshops.
- Excellent ccommunication, facilitation, consultation and analytical skills (proven by relevant experience).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Englis
The intended start date is the 1st of June 2018 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 45 months from this date.
Please note that we can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in EU format.
We welcome job applications from people with disabilities.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 15.02.2018.
+ 49(0) 6196 79- 3191