Team Leader and Institutional Capacity Development Expert (m/f) - Technical Assistance Support to Natural Resource Management (TANRM)
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Zimbabwe/Harare, we are looking for a/an
Team Leader and Institutional Capacity Development Expert (m/f) - Technical assistance support to natural resource management (TANRM)
Field of activity
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for an EU - funded project: “ Technical assistance support to natural resource management (TANRM)”.
The overall objective of the project is to improve the livelihoods of rural communities through sustainable and climate resilient management of natural resources.
The purposes of the contract are to
- Contribute to the Specific Objectives and Results of the Natural Resource Management Project.
- Coordinate, monitor and strengthen the implementation of the Natural Resource Management Project.
The Team Leader's role is crucial in bringing together and focusing the efforts of everyone involved in the project, including multiple stakeholders drawn from throughout government ministries, civil society, and both public and private sector including the technical assistance team.In order to fulfil his role he should have extensive knowledge and experience of managing all aspects of a project from inception to closure.He/She will be responsible amongst others for:
- Achievement of the contracts objectives, results and its timely implementation.
- Giving high-level policy and regulatory reform advice.
- Efficient coordination of project activities reviewing proposals and making recommendations, working with the ministries and agencies during formulation of activities and implementation of approved activities.
- Administrative management of the TA team.
- Recruiting and supervising Non Key experts including drafting of TOR.
- Reporting on progress in the project's implementation including financial aspects.
Qualifications and skills
- Education: Master Degree in Development Studies, Public Administration, Planning, Economics, Political Science, Social Science or other areas relevant to the assignment.
- Excellent soft skills: facilitation, leadership, communication, team building, coordination.
- Knowledge of IT tools: incl. MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Power Point.
- Language: Fluent in written and spoken English.
General professional experience
- At least 12 years experience in the sector relevant to the profile.
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years in organisational change, change management, institutional reform and capacity building.
- Experience in providing high level policy advice to government’s on institutional and policy reform.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in international development cooperation.
- Experience in Southern/sub-Saharan Africa is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in project/ programme management.
- Experience as Team Leader/Project Manager.
- Experience with European Union Procurement and Contract Management.
The intended start date is 1stJune, 2018 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 45 months from this date.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competences when you apply online. After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 18.02.2018.
+ 49(0) 6196 79- 3191