The World Bank just released the World Development Report 2018: Learning to Realize Educations Promise. In this report, it warns of a “learning crisis” in global education . According to this report, millions of young students from developing countries face the prospect of lost opportunity and lower wages in life because of the quality of education they are getting in primary and secondary schools is poor.
Burkina Faso's late President Thomas Sankara is considered one of Africa's revolutionaries and an icon of the liberation movement. He continues to inspire youth movements across Africa.
Kenya's recently annulled elections will soon be re-run, but the long-term questions they raised about election management are still unanswered. The spotlight is on the work of international observer teams, but there are also much wider questions of electoral capacity - problems that extend to the top of the African Union, and thence across the whole continent.
More Articles ...
- Advancing Democratic Values among the Youth
- Democratic Breakthroughs in Africa - Time to Celebrate but Worries Still Linger
- 'Our Task is to Prevent Illegal Migration by Developing Africa'- AU Chairperson
- Museveni's Dilemma, Africa's Crisis
- Is Kenya the First African Country to Overturn a Presidential Election?