The Zimbabwean political landscape has previously deprived young people the chance to participate in electoral processes. Cases of political violence, manipulation and patronage politics characterize the current Zimbabwean political environment.
Hopley Farm settlement, a creation of the infamous Operation Murambatsvina is a hive of activity from crime to prostitution as the residents struggle to survive in this biting economy. Prostitution has become the order of the day as young girls, as young as nine years; most of them family heads indulge in prostitution to take care of their siblings.
Living in an environment that is not creating new jobs; young people within various Zimbabwean suburbs have found alternative ways to sustain their livelihoods.
PODCAST: Lack of Entertainment and Recreational Facilities in Rural Areas: A compromise to Healthy and Active Living
More Articles ...
- PODCAST: Delimitation of Constituencies for Elections as Provided for by the Constitution of Zimbabwe Part 2
- VIDEO: Zim Economy, Young People Struggle for Survival
- PODCAST: Delimitation of Constituencies for Elections as Provided for by the Constitution of Zimbabwe
- PODCAST: Service Delivery And Its Impact On Women As Burden Bearers
- VIDEO:Zimbabwe 2018 Elections –Young People’s Fears and Aspirations