Samora Machel remains one of Africa’s iconic leaders in the struggle for independence. His immense contribution to the Zimbabwean independence remains important especially to the emerging young leaders.
Despite the economic stress and the ballooning unemployment in the country young people and women have turned to entrepreneurship. Backyard industries have mushroomed in most high density suburbs, and women are seen crushing stones for survival in the dormitory town of Chitungwiza. This week we had a chat with some backyard entrepreneurs in Chitungwiza and Dzivarasekwa and their stories fascinating as they are tell a lot about the government’s failure to resuscitate the economy.
More Articles ...
- PODCAST: World Youth Day for Democracy: Promoting Youth's Participation in Democratic Processes
- VIDEO: #YouthNow - Young People's Perspectives on Democracy
- Panic as Authorities Target Vendors
- PODCAST: Citizens React on President Mugabe's Cabinet Reshuffle
- Video:Price Hikes : Fear of the 2008 Economic Woes Looms