The 21st century saw a rise in the number of feminism institutions and a multiple of treaties on women’s rights and gender equality has been signed. With the erection of such institutions the lives of women have improved in a commendable way.
The role of the war veterans in the current developments propelled towards the ouster of Robert Gabriel Mugabe as the President of Zimbabwe after a 37 year marathon rule have become explicitly clear and visible.
Africa's premier survey of the performance of its national governments says safety and the rule of law have on average declined across the continent.
1. The constitution can still be salvaged. 2.President Mugabe must resign. 3. An acting president must be appointed from Zanu PF in terms of constitution's 6th schedule (sunset clauses) . 4. Civilian government is then restored with urgency. (my own thoughts)
More Articles ...
- PODCAST: Current Electoral Issues Confronting Grassroots Communities in Zimbabwe
- STORIFY: Mugabe's Rotting Legacy and the Renaming of Harare International Airport
- Somaliland's Voting Technology Shows How Africa Can Lead the World
- VIDEO: Samora Machel Memorial Lecture 2017
- Why Governance Constraints are Holding Back Young People in Rural Zimbabwe